Our papers are 100% unique and written following academic standards and provided requirements. Get perfect grades by consistently using our writing services. Place your order and get a quality paper today. Rely on us and be on schedule! With our help, you'll never have to worry about deadlines again. Take advantage of our current 20% discount by using the coupon code GET20
Order a Similar Paper Order a Different Paper
Discussion: Developing a Philosophy, Goals, and Objectives
As addressed in this week’s Learning Resources, an organization’s philosophy statement derives from its mission and indicates the values and beliefs that steer decision making. An organization’s philosophy statement should be used to develop goals and objectives that lead to assured action.
As effective organizations recognize, “setting specific goals in a clear and compelling way—and insisting that people work together to achieve them—is the best way to get results” (Ashkenas, 2012, para. 9).
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
This Discussion builds on the Week 2 Discussion 2, as you create a philosophy statement, goals, and objectives for Mountain View Health Center, the organization featured in the case study introduced last week.
You will continue to work within the same small group.
You will develop an
philosophy statement, goals, and objectives independently. Through the collegial exchange that follows, you will offer each other suggestions for refinement.
- Review information on philosophy statements, goals, and objectives in Chapter 7 of the Marquis and Huston text and in the other Learning Resources.
- Review the Mountain View Health Center case study presented in this week’s media, and reflect on the mission and vision statements you developed for Discussion 2 in Week 2.
- Conduct additional research as necessary to strengthen your understanding of the process for creating a philosophy statement and developing goals and objectives and to deepen your thinking about the organization. For instance, you may research organizations with similarities to Mountain View and examine their philosophy statements, goals, and objectives.
- Draft a philosophy statement for Mountain View Health Center.
- Craft at least one goal and at least one related objective to operationalize the philosophy.
- Consider what you have learned about the importance of the philosophy statement and the process of developing one, as well as the significance of and distinctions between goals and objectives.
By Day 3
a philosophy statement for Mountain View Health Center, at least one goal, and at least one related objective. Offer insights you have gained about the process of developing a philosophy statement, as well as the significance of and distinctions between organizational goals and objectives.
Cara, C. M., Nyberg, J. J., & Brousseau, S. (2011). Fostering the coexistence of caring philosophy and economics in today’s health care system.
Nursing Administration Quarterly, 35
Lorenzi, N. M. (2011). AMIA’s realigned strategic plan.
Journal of American Medical Informatics Association, 18
Kenny, G. (2012). From the stakeholder viewpoint: Designing measurable objectives.
Journal of Business Strategy, 33
Kramer, M., Schmalenberg, C., & Maguire, P. (2010). Nine structures and leadership practices essential for a magnetic (healthy) work environment.
Nursing Administration Quarterly, 34