Our papers are 100% unique and written following academic standards and provided requirements. Get perfect grades by consistently using our writing services. Place your order and get a quality paper today. Rely on us and be on schedule! With our help, you'll never have to worry about deadlines again. Take advantage of our current 20% discount by using the coupon code GET20
Order a Similar Paper Order a Different Paper
Ensuring and improving patient safety, and analyzing drivers and measurements of quality improvement in health care are crucial skills for health care workers, such as health care managers and quality improvement managers. There are many facets of quality measures, and your understanding of and adherence to quality standards demonstrates skill in protecting and improving patient safety.
As a health care manager reporting to the quality improvement manager, you and your team are responsible for creating evidence for an agency site visit. Choose 1 health care environment (i.e., hospital, physician’s office, pharmacy, nursing home) as your employer for this assessment.
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
Choose the agency/organization that would work with and create standards for your chosen health care environment.
Examine the relationship between the quality domains, quality standards, and quality indicators used by your chosen health care environment to improve the quality of health care. The following are examples of some of the domains, standards, and indicators and the organizations that use them.
- The National Academies of Sciences, Engineering, and Medicine (formerly Institute of Medicine IOM)
- Six Domains of Health Care Quality
- Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS)
- Hospital Consumer Assessment of Healthcare Providers and Systems (HCAHPS)
- Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (AHRQ) Prevention Quality Indicators (PQIs)
- Patient Safety Indicators (PSIs)
- Inpatient Quality Indicators (IQIs)
- Pediatric Quality Indicators (PDIs)
- The Joint Commission
- National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA)
- Healthcare Effectiveness Data Information Sets (HEDIS)
Review the quality standard term interactions:
- Evaluators: Identify quality indicators that need to be solved. Example: long wait times
- Indicators: Lead to quality standards to address those indicators. Example: sign-in stations
- Standards: They are categorized into the six domains to help the providers track improvements. Example: timely
- Drivers: Participants in the health care process. Examples: patients and government agencies
Develop a 700- to 1,050-word evidence report in which you:
- Include a summary of your chosen health care environment, including the type of facility, the type of patients, and the facility size.
- Describe 3 quality standards that align with your chosen agency/organization.
- Describe how each quality standard aligns to 1 of the domains of health.
- Explain how each quality standard is measured for effectiveness.
- Detail how at least 2 key quality drivers affect the quality-improvement process.
- Analyze how pursuing/meeting each standard improves patient safety and quality health care.
Cite any sources used and format citations and references according to APA guidelines.
Submit your assessment.