Interpretation of Flags
Our papers are 100% unique and written following academic standards and provided requirements. Get perfect grades by consistently using our writing services. Place your order and get a quality paper today. Rely on us and be on schedule! With our help, you'll never have to worry about deadlines again. Take advantage of our current 20% discount by using the coupon code GET20
Order a Similar Paper Order a Different Paper
Option #2: Interpretation of Red Flags
As a trainer for a forensic accounting firm, you have been asked to establish a matrix to provide the firm’s investigation teams with a “symptom” list to aid them in their assessment of potentially fraudulent actions. As part of this, matrix you have included a list of possible red-flag search results, which could be indicators of specific fraudulent activity that is occurring. For example:
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
- Red-flag: Your research has uncovered vendor invoices that have alterations on the purchase order documents (e.g., back dating, white-out) that are supposed to support these invoices.
- Potential Activity: Goods are being purchased for personal use.
- Type of Fraud: Employee are committing purchasing fraud.
The red-flags noted during the investigation:
- Duplicate payments to the same vendor with no backup documentation
- Excessive number of adjusting entries, and repetitive use of adjusting entries for no apparent purpose
- Price increases by one vendor of 30% year-over-year
- No original contractor documents available—only photocopied documents
- An employee who shares the same address, telephone number or bank account number with an accounts payable vendor
- Missing inventory and equipment
- Unexplained items on bank reconciliations and other account reconciliations.
In the last section of your paper, please discuss other types of red-flags that you would look for during an investigation as discuss their importance. Keep in mind that different types of investigations would likely lead to the analysis of different source documents and metrics.
Please submit a paper in a Word document of THREE to five pages in length, not including the title and reference pages. If you wish to include calculations in support of your response, place them in the form of a table within your paper. Cite at least two resources supporting your responses, other than the course textbook.