Our papers are 100% unique and written following academic standards and provided requirements. Get perfect grades by consistently using our writing services. Place your order and get a quality paper today. Rely on us and be on schedule! With our help, you'll never have to worry about deadlines again. Take advantage of our current 20% discount by using the coupon code GET20
Order a Similar Paper Order a Different Paper
JUST NEED POSTER- SEE ATTACHED TEMPLATE FOR EXAMPLE- MSN CLASS
Create a poster presentation to communicate an implementation plan to bridge the gap between the evidence you will research and clinical practice. You will then record audio of no more than five minutes presenting your poster.
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
Master’s-level nurses need to be able to think critically about the evidence, outcomes data, and other relevant information they encounter throughout their daily practice. Often the evidence or information that a nurse encounters, researches, or studies is not presented in the exact context of that nurse’s practice. A key skill of the master’s-level nurse is to transfer evidence from the context in which it was presented and apply it to a different context in order to maximize the benefit to patients in that new context.
Master’s-level nurses understand the importance of utilizing evidence-based practice in their healthcare setting. The challenge is bridging the gap between the evidence and clinical practice. “This is the way we’ve always done it,” is a common response and may not indicate evidence-based practice is being utilized. Furthermore, when a practice problem is identified, what are the steps to communicate the need for change with the interprofessional team?
One way to communicate the need for quality improvements, as well as your plans for achieving specific changes, is through a presentation poster. This type of communication tool is used both in the workplace and at professional and academic conferences. Being able to convey the essence and value of a project in a compelling and succinct way is a valuable skill, and it is vital within the constraints of a single poster.
You have been asked to give a poster presentation based around your work and research on a clinical problem in your practice setting. The purpose is to lay out the evidence and a potential implementation plan to your colleagues in order to bridge the gap between the evidence and the practice to improve the quality and outcomes of care.
Identify a clinical problem in your work setting and develop an implementation plan to carry out your evidence-based practice proposal using a poster presentation. You may use the Poster Presentation Template [PPTX] to help structure and organize your assessment submission.
Your Implementation Plan should include the following:
- Background on the clinical problem.
- PICOT question.
- Stakeholders that will be impacted.
- Action plan for implementation.
- Potential barriers to project implementation.
- Baseline data that will be needed to evaluate outcomes.
- Search strategy and databases used.
- Summary of the evidence with a critical appraisal of its quality.
The bullet points below correspond to the grading criteria in the scoring guide. Be sure that your poster presentation addresses all of them.
Develop a PICOT question for a chosen clinical problem.
- Include a graphic that is relevant to the clinical problem.
- Provide a background on the clinical problem identified.
Outline an action plan to implement the EBP project that includes:
- The recommended practice change.
- Proposed timeline for implementation.
- The tools or resources that will be needed to support the project.
Identify the stakeholders and potential barriers to project implementation.
- Who are the stakeholders that will be impacted?
- What are the potential barriers, such as a lack of knowledge, time, skill level, motivation, or resources that could impact project implementation?
Propose outcome criteria to evaluate the evidence-based practice project.
- How will outcomes be measured?
- How do your outcomes align with the Quadruple Aim?
Evaluate the evidence that supports the need for practice change.
In the notes section of your poster presentation:
- Describe your search strategy and databases that were used.
- Summarize your findings with a critical appraisal of the quality and relevance of your resources.
- In the notes section of your poster presentation:
Convey purpose of the poster presentation in an appropriate tone and style, incorporating supporting evidence and adhering to organizational, professional, and scholarly communication standards.
- Integrates relevant and credible sources of evidence to support assertions, using current APA style.
If you choose not to use the provided template, there are templates in PowerPoint or on the Internet that can help you get a start designing your poster.
Before starting to record your presentation make sure you have:
- Set up and tested your microphone and headset using the installation instructions provided by the manufacturer. You only need to use the headset if your audio is not clear or high quality when captured by the microphone.
- Practice using the equipment to ensure the audio quality is sufficient.
- Consult Using Kaltura for guidance on how to record your presentation and upload it in the courseroom.
- Microsoft PowerPoint also allows you to record your narration with your slides. If you choose this option, simply submit your presentation to the appropriate area of the courseroom. Your narration will be included with your stories.
- Remember to practice delivering and recording your presentation multiple times to ensure effective delivery.
Note: If you require the use of assistive technology or alternative communication methods to participate in this activity, please contact Disability Services at
to request accommodations.
- Font and font size: Appropriate size and weight for a presentation, generally 24–28 points for headings; no smaller than 18 points for bullet-point text. Use a suitable professional typeface, such as Times or Arial, throughout the presentation.
- Length of presentation: No more than five minutes.
- Number of references: Cite a minimum of 3–5 sources of current scholarly or professional evidence that support your evaluation, recommendations, and plans. Current source material is defined as no older than five years unless it is a seminal work.
- APA formatting: Resources and citations are formatted according to current APA style.
By successfully completing this assessment, you will demonstrate your proficiency in the following course competencies and scoring guide criteria:
Competency 1: Apply evidence-based practice to plan patient-centered care.
- Outline an action plan to implement the evidence-based practice project that includes the recommendations for practice change, a timeline, and tools or resources needed.
Competency 2: Apply evidence-based practice to design interventions to improve population health.
- Identify the stakeholders and potential barriers to project implementation.
Competency 3: Evaluate outcomes of evidence-based interventions.
- Develop a PICOT question for a chosen clinical problem.
- Propose outcome criteria for evaluating the evidence-based practice project and how the outcomes will be measured.
Competency 4: Evaluate the value and relative weight of available evidence upon which to make a clinical decision.
- Evaluate the value and relevance of the evidence that supports the need for a practice change.
Competency 5: Synthesize evidence-based practice and academic research to communicate effective solutions.
- Convey purpose of the poster presentation in an appropriate tone and style, incorporating supporting evidence and adhering to organizational, professional, and scholarly communication standards.