Our papers are 100% unique and written following academic standards and provided requirements. Get perfect grades by consistently using our writing services. Place your order and get a quality paper today. Rely on us and be on schedule! With our help, you'll never have to worry about deadlines again. Take advantage of our current 20% discount by using the coupon code GET20
Order a Similar Paper Order a Different Paper
FOLLOW ASSESSMENT TEMPLATE
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
GRADING RUBRIC MUST BE FOLLOWED
Complete a leadership self-assessment of 6–7 pages.
By successfully completing this assessment, you will demonstrate your proficiency in the following course competencies and assessment criteria:
- Competency 1: Explain the concepts, principles, and characteristics of effective health care leadership.
- Analyze one’s leadership strengths and weaknesses, in reference to one or more leadership theories or styles found in the literature.
- Explain how one’s specific leadership characteristics enable oneself to guide, educate, inform, and influence others in managing change.
- Competency 2: Explain the role of health care leaders in facilitating interprofessional collaboration.
- Explain how one’s specific leadership characteristics help oneself build and maintain interprofessional collaborative relationships.
- Competency 3: Analyze standards of professional ethics and the principles of diversity and inclusion as applied by health care leaders in real-world situations.
- Explain how one can best apply the principles of ethical leadership, given one’s leadership style.
- Explain why diversity and inclusion are important to employee relations and the provision of safe, high-quality health care.
- Explain how one’s specific leadership characteristics prepare oneself to develop and lead a diverse team of employees and serve a diverse community, within an ethical framework.
- Competency 4: Determine the influence of the practitioner-scholar role on professional practice and leadership development.
- Explain how research skills and critical thinking guide effective decision making and foster integrity in research and professional practice.
- Competency 5: Communicate effectively with diverse audiences, in an appropriate form and style, consistent with applicable organizational, professional, and scholarly standards.
- Write coherently to support a central idea, using correct grammar, mechanics, and APA formatting.
Manning, G., & Curtis, K. (2012). The art of leadership (4th ed.). New York, NY: McGraw-Hill.
These resources examine transformational ethical leadership and may help you complete your assessment:
- Dartey-Baah, K. (2015). Resilient leadership: A transformational-transactional leadership mix. Journal of Global Responsibility, 6(1), 99–112.
- deZulueta, P. C. (2015). Developing compassionate leadership in health care: An integrative review. Journal of Healthcare Leadership, 8, 1–10.
- Kupo, V. L. (2014). Becoming a scholar-practitioner in student affairs. New Directions for Student Services, 147, 89–98.
- Malloch, K. (2014). Beyond transformational leadership to greater engagement: Inspiring innovation in complex organizations. Nurse Leader, 12(2), 60–63.
- Robinson, J. L. (2016). Connecting leadership and learning: Do versatile learners make connective leaders? Higher Learning Research Communications, 6(1), 35–50.
- Cote, R. (2017). Vision of effective leadership. Journal of Leadership, Accountability and Ethics, 14(4), 52–63.
- Liborius, P. (2014). Who is worthy of being followed? The impact of leaders’ character and the moderating role of followers’ personality. The Journal of Psychology, 148(3), 347–385.
- Muthia, A., & Krishnan, V. R. (2015). Servant leadership and commitment: Role of transformational leadership. International Journal on Leadership, 3(1), 9–20.
- Rogers, R. (2012). Leadership communication styles: A descriptive analysis of health care professionals. Journal of Healthcare Leadership, 4, 47–57.
Ethical Frameworks for Leadership
- Crews, J. (2015). What is an ethical leader?: The characteristics of ethical leadership from the perceptions held by Australian senior executives. Journal of Business and Management, 21(1), 29–58.
- Dion, M. (2012). Are ethical theories relevant for ethical leadership? Leadership and Organization Development Journal, 33(1), 4–24.
Leadership and Diversity
- Gotsis, G., & Grimani, K. (2016). Diversity as an aspect of effective leadership: Integrating and moving forward. Leadership & Organization Development Journal, 37(2), 241–264.
Additional Resources for Further Exploration
The textbook references below provide additional background. If you choose to engage with these resources, you are encouraged to find them via your preferred retailer or your local library. These extra resources are not available in the bookstore.
- Buchbinder, S. B., Shanks, N. H., & Buchbinder, D. (2014). Cases in health care management. Burlington, MA: Jones & Bartlett Learning.
- This textbook contains some excellent case study scenarios. Interesting questions and useful resources are also included at the end of each case.
- Green, J. L. (2015). Graduate savvy: Navigating the world of online higher education (3rd ed.). Warrenton, VA: Glocal Press.
- This textbook offers useful information to help you succeed as a graduate-level learner in an online environment.
- Washington, R. R., Sutton, C. D., & Sauser, W. I., Jr. (2014). How distinct is servant leadership theory? Empirical comparisons with competing theories. Journal of Leadership, Accountability and Ethics, 11(1), 11–25.
Ethical Frameworks for Leadership
- American Nurses Association. (2015). Code of ethics for nurses with interpretive statements. Retrieved from http://nursingworld.org/DocumentVault/Ethics-1/Cod…
- American Nurses Association. (2011). Short definitions of ethical principles and theories: Familiar words, what do they mean? [PDF]. Retrieved from https://www.happynclex.com/wp-content/uploads/2016…
- Lee, L. M., & Royo-Bordonada, M. A. (2015). Continuing the conversation about public health ethics: Education for public health professionals in Europe. Public Health Reviews, 36(5), 1–4.
- The Leadership Challenge. (2018). Leadership development worksheet. Retrieved from http://www.leadershipchallenge.com/lpiworksheet.as…
- McGraw-Hill. (2018). Self-assessment: What are your transformational leadership tendencies? Retrieved from http://highered.mheducation.com/sites/1259030539/s…