LEG 500 Law, Ethics and Corporate Governance Week 10 Assignment 3
Our papers are 100% unique and written following academic standards and provided requirements. Get perfect grades by consistently using our writing services. Place your order and get a quality paper today. Rely on us and be on schedule! With our help, you'll never have to worry about deadlines again. Take advantage of our current 20% discount by using the coupon code GET20
Order a Similar Paper Order a Different Paper
Assignment 3: The Value of Fair Treatment in the Workplace
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
Due Week 10 and worth 280 points
The year is 2025 and the U.S. Supreme Court has declared all laws prohibiting discrimination in the workplace to be unconstitutional. In its opinion, however, the Supreme Court made clear that employers could voluntarily adopt policies and procedures prohibiting any and all forms of discrimination in the workplace. The Supreme Court also made clear that employers could voluntarily adopt hiring practices to diversify their workforces provided such practices did not include express preferences based upon immutable characteristics.
You have been hired as a consultant by a large, nationwide retailer to examine the business case for ensuring that all of the employee protections are found within the federal anti-discrimination laws, as well as the business case for prohibiting any other forms of discrimination in the workplace.
Write a four to six (4-6) page report in which you:
- Analyze the benefits and costs of voluntarily prohibiting three to five (3-5) federal forms of discrimination prohibited under the federal anti-discrimination laws.
- Discuss the benefits and costs of voluntarily prohibiting a form of discrimination not covered by any of the federal anti-discrimination laws.
- State the benefits and costs of voluntarily adopting hiring and promotion practices designed to diversify the workforce.
- Evaluate the ethical considerations of not voluntarily prohibiting the forms of discrimination laws examined in the first part of your report. Next, determine the ethical considerations of not voluntarily adopting hiring and promotion practices to diversify the workforce.
- Provide a final recommendation to this retailer on whether or not they should ensure all, part, or none of the employee protections examined in the first part of your report. Your recommendation should also include whether or not the retailer should adopt hiring and promotion practices designed to diversify the workplace. Be sure to include a rationale for your recommendation along with an explanation for any rejections of contrary positions or other pertinent considerations.
- Use at least three (3) quality academic resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and other Websites do not quality as academic resources.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Analyze and apply the concepts of ethical decision making, corporate governance and corporate social responsibility.
- Analyze and evaluate the employment-at-will doctrine and the statutory protections afforded employees.
- Analyze and evaluate issues in modern contract law.
- Use technology and information resources to research issues in law, ethics, and corporate governance.
- Write clearly and concisely about law, ethics, and corporate governance using proper writing mechanics.
Click here to view the grading rubric.