Our papers are 100% unique and written following academic standards and provided requirements. Get perfect grades by consistently using our writing services. Place your order and get a quality paper today. Rely on us and be on schedule! With our help, you'll never have to worry about deadlines again. Take advantage of our current 20% discount by using the coupon code GET20
Order a Similar Paper Order a Different Paper
Mental Health [WLO: 2] [CLOs: 1, 2]
Prior to beginning work on this discussion, please read Chapters 10 and 11 of the course textbook. In your text, you read about the poor state of mental health care in the United States.
In this discussion, choose one of the mental illness topics listed below:
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
- Major depressive disorder
- Generalized anxiety disorder
- Post-traumatic stress disorder
- Obsessive-compulsive disorder
- Anorexia/bulimia disorder
- Post-partum depression
Provide the following overview information and scenario completion.
- State the scientific name of illness and any “common” terms used to refer to the illness.
- Explain the symptoms.
- Explain the treatment options and common side effects of those treatments.
- List the number of people estimated to be affected.
- Identify the side effects associated with most common treatment method.
Scenario: You are a public health professional, and someone comes into your office displaying the symptoms of your chosen mental illness. What is your course of action to assist this person?
- How would you speak to them?
- What questions would you ask?
- What services do you believe public health can offer?
- Would you refer this person to another office and where?
- How would you follow up with this individual?
Guided Response: Your initial post should be at least 250 words in length. Support your claims with examples from the required materials and other scholarly resources, and properly cite any references. The Scholarly, Peer Reviewed, and Other Credible Sources Links to an external site. table offers additional guidance on appropriate source types. Respond to at least two of your classmates’ posts who have chosen a mental illness different from the one you chose by Day 7.