Our papers are 100% unique and written following academic standards and provided requirements. Get perfect grades by consistently using our writing services. Place your order and get a quality paper today. Rely on us and be on schedule! With our help, you'll never have to worry about deadlines again. Take advantage of our current 20% discount by using the coupon code GET20
Order a Similar Paper Order a Different Paper
Please read the following case study details. Then respond to the questions below.
You are a nurse caring for women and children in a rural clinic. This clinic serves most of the area’s population and provides comprehensive women’s healthcare. This includes things such as: postpartum care, newborn care, lactation, and clients of all ages.
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
Kristen has arrived at your clinic for Sawyer’s one week checkup and a postpartum check-in. Kristen’s ex-boyfriend is the father of the baby and continues to not want to be involved with the infant at this time until he can have a custody hearing.
Kristen states “My nipples are killing me, and breastfeeding is not going well! Sawyer looks a little yellow. Is that normal?”
Chicken pox as a child. UTD on all immunizations. Tonsils removed 2013.
Blood type: O negative
Weight: 155 lbs.
Vaginal Delivery: 35 weeks 2 days
APGARS: 1 MIN: 7, 5MIN: 9
(1 off for breathing, 2 off for color)
- Based on the chief complaint what additional assessments are needed and what do you think is going on?
Choose 4 of the newborn skin findings below and educate the patient on what this skin finding is, what causes it and interventions needed.
- Erythema toxicum
- Mongolian spots
- Harlequin Sign
- Circumoral cyanosis
- Caput succedaneum
- Pathological jaundice
- Nevus flammeus
- Hemangiomas (stork bites/salmon patch)
- Strawberry hemangiomas
Cold Stress in newborns:
- Explain why and how cold stress occurs.
- Describe what happens if left untreated.
- Describe the 4 methods of heat loss in infants and give an example on how to prevent each type.
Jaundice in newborns:
- What is the pathophysiology of this disease process in newborns?
- What interventions are needed to fix this issue? How does our body conjugate the excess bilirubin?
- What places this infant at risk?
- Add a question: After you have analyzed the content from the discussion board, please add a question to the end of your initial post regarding the reading material for the week.
Please be sure to validate your opinions and ideas with citations and references in APA format.