The Uninsured in America
Our papers are 100% unique and written following academic standards and provided requirements. Get perfect grades by consistently using our writing services. Place your order and get a quality paper today. Rely on us and be on schedule! With our help, you'll never have to worry about deadlines again. Take advantage of our current 20% discount by using the coupon code GET20
Order a Similar Paper Order a Different Paper
Over the next few units, you will explore many of the critical components of the United States healthcare system and elements that can be improved with appropriate healthcare policy. One of the most important pieces of legislation impacting healthcare is the Affordable Care Act (ACA), which “provides Medicaid coverage to many low-income individuals in states that expand and Marketplace subsidies for individuals below 400% of the poverty line” (Kaiser Family Foundation, 2014, para. 1). But, while the ACA has reduced the number of uninsured Americans, there are still millions without coverage. The question is why and what can be done to address the underlying issues.
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
Please review the following resources and using specific information from these resources, your course resources, and additional research, address the tasks posed below:
Kaiser Family Foundation [KFF]. (2014, October 29). Key facts about the
uninsured population. Retrieved from http://kff.org/uninsured/fact-
Navigate to Google Scholar and review the following article:
Krueger, A. B., & Kuziemko, I. (2013). The demand for health insurance among uninsured Americans: Results of a survey experiment and implications for policy. Journal of health economics, 32(5), 780–793.
- Summarize the population (number, demographics, etc.) of uninsured people in the U.S.
- Discuss some of the reasons for and possible financial consequences of not having health insurance.
- Discuss the socioeconomic consequences of having a large uninsured population in the U.S.
- Describe the changes that will occur to assist the uninsured population with the Patient Protection and ACA.
- Present your response in a 3- to 5-page Microsoft Word document formatted in APA style.
- On a separate page, cite all sources using APA format.